Answered By: Scott Lapinski
Last Updated: Feb 12, 2019     Views: 489

Individuals conducting research for Harvard faculty members are eligible to receive a Research Assistant account. These accounts are proxies under the sponsoring faculty's library account. They give full access to Harvard Library resources.

The faculty sponsor assumes full responsibility for all fines, fees, and other liabilities incurred through the use of these privileges. All correspondence related to library use goes to the sponsor, not the assistant.

Countway can make accounts for faculty of the following schools:

  • Harvard Medical School (HMS)
  • Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM)
  • Harvard T.H. Chan School (HSPH)

For other schools, please contact the Harvard Library Privileges Office.

Procedure for New Applicants

  • Download the application
  • Complete the form in its entirety and sign (both sponsor and researcher)
  • Bring the application, a government-issued ID and a credit card to the front desk weekdays between 8:00am and 3:30pm

We will process the application and explain activation. We will also be happy to explain how to use our resources and answer any of your questions. Cards are valid for one year after issue. Please email with inquiries.

Procedure for Renewals

Both sponsor and researcher must be the same person for it to be a renewal. Any change requires the procedure for new applicants.

Browse Our Answers

Related Topics